This chapter describes the configuration and administration aspect of the UltraESB, including how you configure the basic integrations solutions and JMX based server administration. Administration of the UltraESB server is not limited to this chapter but also spans across to the Ultra Terminal, Ultra Console and some parts of the Deployment Guide too.
This guide has two clearly separated areas, first of which is the integration solution development and configuration, which requires configuration of the dynamic elements within deployment units such as proxy services, endpoints or destinations, sequence and mediations. This sub section of the guide is mainly targeting the developers.
- Proxy Service Fragment - The configuration of proxy services
- Endpoint or Destination Fragment - The configuration of the endpoints or destinations
- Sequence and Mediation Fragment - The configuration of sequences and mediation flows
While the first part of this guide is more towards developers, administrators are required to go through the next sub sections of this guide while developer might also find it interesting to find certain information on how to configure advance features of the UltraESB. This part of the documentation mainly concentrate on more static configurations of an UltraESB server like, clustering, caching, transports, etc.. as well as how you do the run time administration of an UltraESB server. This chapter consists of the following documentation sections.
- Clustering Guide - Configuring, running and administration of an UltraESB cluster
- Caching Guide - Configuring local, distributed, persisted caches and using them
- Transports Guides - Configuration of different transports available in the UltraESB
- Remote JMX Access - Enabling remote JMX access and securing the JMX access
- Runtime Updates - How to update UltraESB configurations like proxies, sequences, endpoints etc.. of a Running instance
- Advance Monitoring - The concept of Detailed MXBeans and the use of Zabbix for monitoring and alerting/notifications
- Securing Configurations - How to secure your UltraESB configuration files to protect sensitive information like passwords
- Metrics Configuration - How to configure the built-in metrics engine of UltraESB
At the end of this document all administration tasks are covered and you are ready to go into the deployment phase. Production deployment is not a child's play, so it is highly recommended that the administrators follow this guide prior to the deployment and go through the Deployment Guide next to understand the deployment keeping the administration aspects mind.